1) Bidders must register to place bids. This is a very simple process, although one hobby reference is required (name, address, email address or telephone number).
2) Bids once placed, cannot be removed without written request with a valid reason and under no circumstance will bids be removed within last week of bidding. Bidders who abuse this rule will be removed from mailing list and their bidding privileges revoked.
3) Placing bid/bids constitutes a legal obligation to pay any winning invoices, including any applicable postage and handling charges.
4) Payment can be made by check (2 1/2 week clearance period before items ship), money order, Paypal or bank wire transfer. Note: The applicable buyer's premium for my auctions is an amount equal to 5% of the buy price. For example, if the bidding on an item ends at $200, the buyer's premium of 5% will bring the total amunt due to $210, before any shipping costs applicable.
5) Payment for winning bids is due within 7 days of the end of auction, unless prior arrangements have been made.
6) There is no return privilege for certified (third-party graded) items.
7) "Raw", or uncertified items are only returnable in instances whereby a dramatic condition flaw was missed by Vintage Collectables staff during the grading/description process. Returns will also be granted at the sole discretion of Vintage Collectables. Written request for returning an item must be received within 2 days of receipt of item by winning bidder (we have tracking info for all packages sent out, so we will know the date of delivery).
8) No Warranty, whether expressed or implied, is made with respect to any description or condition report contained in this auction.
9) Neither William Hughes, nor Vintage Collectables shall be liable for any inconvenience or loss caused by errors in descriptions, imaging or software malfunctions concerning the auction.
10) By placing a bid or bids in the Vintage Collectables auction, bidder accepts these auction rules and specifically agrees to abide by such.
A) RESERVES: Consignor's have the liberty to place reserves on his/her lots in the auction, in accordance with Article 2 of the Texas Uniform Commercial Code. A reserve is an amount below which the lot will not sell. In Vintage Collectables auctions, the reserve is the "Opening Bid". These opening bids are posted for every lot, so that bidders will know that once the opening bid is met, the lot will sell. There are no hidden reserves in Vintage Collectables auctions.
B) MAX BIDS: Bidders may enter a higher maximum bid (Max Bid), which will only be used one increment bid at a time to secure the current high position in the bidding. The only way that a bidder's Max Bid may be raised considerably within short succession, is if another bidder's Max Bid has countered the bids. In either event, email bid notifications are sent to bidders and email "outbid" notifications are sent to bidders who have had their bid outbid.
C) BIDDING INCREMENTS:
$1-25 = $1 increments;
$26-50 = $3 increments;
$51-100 = $5 increments;
$101-200 = $10 incerements;
$201-750 = $25 increments;
$751-1500 = $50 increments;
$1501-3000 = $100 increments;
$3001-10,000 = $250 increments;
$10,001-25,000 = $500 increments;
$25,001-100,000 = $1000 increments.
$100,001-up = $2,500 increments.
D) WINNING BIDS: Electronic invoices will be sent to winning bidders, notifying them of their winning bid/bids.
E) Shipping: Shipping charges will be added to invoices. Please allow three weeks for delivery, unless special arrangements have been made for expedited shipping.